Katharine Wilhelmine Dorr
F, b. 26 October 1876, d. 24 November 1966
Katharine Wilhelmine Dorr was born on 26 October 1876 at Albany, Albany County, New York.1 She was the daughter of Henry Dorr and Henrietta Hans.1 Katharine Wilhelmine Dorr was baptized on 24 December 1876 at St. John's Evangelical Lutheran Church, 160 Central Avenue, Albany, Albany County, New York. She was enumerated in the census of Henry Dorr on 9 June 1880 at 610 Broadway, Albany, Albany County, New York.2 Katharine Wilhelmine Dorr lived with Henry Dorr between 1881 and 1884 at 52 Columbia Street, Albany, Albany County, New York.3,4,5,6 Katharine Wilhelmine Dorr lived with Henry Dorr between 1887 and 1889 at 19 Steuben Street, Albany, Albany County, New York.7,8,9
Katharine W. Dorr Loeb
Katharine Wilhelmine Dorr completed grade school and passed examination to Albany High School on 11 June 1889. Prior to this,she attended Puiblic School No. 5. The Dorr family lived approximately 1/2 mile from Public School No. 5 through the 1880s.10 She was a stenographer in 1899 at 112 State Street, Albany, Albany County, New York.11
Katharine and William Loeb Jr. were engaged on 15 October 1901. As of 12 December 1901,her married name was Katharine Wilhelmine Loeb.
Katharine Wilhelmine Dorr married William Loeb Jr., son of William Loeb and Louisa Meyer, on 12 December 1901 at her home, 424 Western Avenue, Albany, Albany County, New York, officiated by Rev. Wallace Buttrick
(an unknown value).12,13 Katharine Wilhelmine Dorr was a witness along with her younger daughter, Helen Dorr, left for a month long visit with her elder daughter, Mrs. William Loeb Jr. with Henrietta Hans on 17 July 1902 at Oyster Bay, Nassau County, New York.14 Katharine Wilhelmine Dorr was enumerated in the census of William Loeb Jr. on 10 April 1910 at Manhattan, New York, New York County, New York.15 Katharine Wilhelmine Dorr was enumerated in the census of William Loeb Jr. on 30 January 1920 at Oyster Bay, Nassau County, New York.16 Katharine Wilhelmine Dorr was enumerated in the census of William Loeb Jr. on 8 April 1930 at Mill Neck Village, Oyster Bay, Nassau County, New York.17 Her Social Security Number was 118-36-6160 and applied for on 14 July 1962.
Katharine Wilhelmine Dorr died of
LOEB-Katherine Dorr, of Cove Neck, LI on November 24, 1966. Wife of the late William Loeb. Mother of William Jr. Also survived by three granchildren. Sister of Helen Dorr Gilroy. Reposing at her residence, Cove Neck, LI. Religious service at Christ Episcopal Church, Monday, 11 AM, Oyster Bay, LI. Interment private, In lieu of flowers donate to your favorite charity.on 24 November 1966 at age 90.18 She was buried on 28 November 1966 at Jones Memorial Cemetery, Cold Spring Harbor, Suffolk County, New York.
Child of Katharine Wilhelmine Dorr and William Loeb Jr.
- William Loeb III+ b. 26 Dec 1905, d. 14 Sep 1981
- [S214] Henry Dorr, Textual Record, 707.838 654.996 913.226 676.125.
- [S251] 1880 U.S. census, Albany County, New York, population schedule, City of Albany, ward 7, ED 14, page 22B, 365B (stamped), dwelling 131, family 213, Henry Dorr.
- [S54] The Albany Directory, 1881.
- [S55] The Albany Directory, 1882.
- [S56] The Albany Directory, 1883.
- [S57] The Albany Directory, 1884.
- [S60] The Albany Directory, including Bath, East Albany and Greenbush, 1887.
- [S61] The Albany Directory, including Bath, East Albany and Greenbush, 1888.
- [S62] The Albany Directory, including Bath, East Albany and Greenbush, 1889.
- [S179] Board of Public Insrtuction, Albany Board of Public Insrtuction 1889, pages 339 and 340.
- [S124] The Albany Directory, including Rensselaer and Bath-On-Hudson, 1899.
- [S174] The Syracuse Journal, 12 December 1901.
- [S232] Albany Co/Marriage Index and Register November 1899 to March 1906.
- [S172] Albany Evening Journal, July 18, 1902, page 9, column 5.
- [S96] Unknown record type, Washington, D.C., ED 1389, Sheet 6A, Line 47, House # 311, Dwelling 53, Family 112, Roll 1048.
- [S97] Unknown record type, Washington, D.C., ED 66, Sheet 20B, Line 100, Dwelling 399, Family 454, Roll 1129.
- [S98] Unknown record type, Washington, D.C., ED36, Sheet 5B, Line 82, Dwelling 117, Family 104.
- [S173] New York Times, November 26, 1966.